Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Evanston, IL
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com noting Controller in the subject line.
The Controller is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely management and analysis of the finances of Alpha Phi Foundation, providing direct strategic support to the operations, programs and fundraising efforts of the Foundation Board and staff. The position reports to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, however, other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and manage the annual budget; manage the annual audit and state registration processes.
- Direct and ensure a documented system of policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure safeguarding of assets including chart of accounts, filing systems, and reporting and analytics.
- Direct all accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Provide strategic support to Foundation programs through accurate fund balances accounting and analysis, reconciliation of grants, and cash flow analyses.
- Manage aspects of Human Resources and Technology for the office.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, CPA preferred.
- Minimum five years of successful experience in the Controller or Assistant Controller role, preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
- Ability to understand and execute F/S.
- Strong analytical skills, including variance analyses.
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills.
- Independent and innovative thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Precise organization and reporting skills.
- Proficient in Excel, including use of macros, data management software, G/L software, QuickBooks.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge.
- Demonstrable collaborative and diplomacy skills.
- Alpha Phi membership preferred, but not required.