Reports to: Director of Development
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Evanston, IL
To apply, send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting Development & Stewardship Coordinator in the subject line.
The Development & Stewardship Coordinator assumes responsibility for coordinating, maintaining and evolving the processes for all gift and data entry; donor acknowledgements and overall stewardship efforts of Alpha Phi Foundation.
S/he executes all aspects of the gift reconciliation process, including data analysis and reporting. The Coordinator also supports individual and chapter giving through donor communications and campaign support.
- Reports to the Director of Annual Giving
- Within Alpha Phi Foundation, the Coordinator has primary working relationships with the Director of Annual Giving, the development, finance and marketing staff.
- Outside of the Foundation, the position coordinates, primarily, with donors.
Principal Areas of Responsibility
- Process all gifts in the Raiser's Edge, including but not limited to:
- Electronic Fund Transfers
- Sustaining Gifts
- Credit Card & Website Gift
- Chapter Event Gifts
- Prepare and send all donor acknowledgements in a timely manner and according to industry standards, including but not limited to:
- Honor/Memorial Notifications
- Individual Tax Letters
- Chapter Event Reports
- New Donor Welcome Packets
- Donor Recognition Items (e.g. 1872 Pins)
- Produce appropriate reports for Controller and auditors to reconcile database records with Foundation financials, including but not limited to:
- Monthly preparation of financial reports, merchant service transaction and
- Monitor and update systems to continually improve gift processing efficiency and effectiveness
- Support cultivation & stewardship efforts for all donor recognition societies (e.g. Clara's Circle, 1872 Society)
- Coordinate production and timely fulfillment of campaign incentives (e.g. parent premiums, Clara's Circle premiums)
- Ensure all gift commitments and information related to fundraising activities are entered into the database in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with the preparation of materials for individual solicitations and cultivation events as needed
- Assist with reporting, analysis and donor outreach for chapter solution donations as needed
- Assist with planning and support of key events for Leadership Conferences & Convention
- Demonstrate the Foundation's mission and vision and perform other duties as assigned
- Attend Foundation staff meetings (weekly)
- General office work is included, as it is for all Foundation staff, such as:
- Answering and directing phone calls as appropriate
- Responding to emails within 24 hours
Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Expected to be proficient with Microsoft Suite programs, The Raiser's Edge and Luminate Online.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Database experience in Raiser's Edge required
- Preference given to candidates who have at least two years of development or data processing experience
- Alpha Phi membership preferred but not required
- Detail-oriented with high standards for excellence, accuracy and confidentiality
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Proven written and personal communication skills
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- Aptitude for developing, implementing and maintaining systems and processes
- Personal and professional values consistent with the Alpha Phi organization